Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm Changing my Approach to This

As most of you know, I am a very outspoken Atheist. No surprise there. Well, I've become more interested in the direction this country is going. It scares me living in the south and seeing the blind faith that people have now days when truth and information is right there for you to get with a click of a mouse. So I hope that people will see past their preacher and see past the crap people say is fact, when it is nothing further from it. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm making this a blog about Atheism and how religion is dangerous, and giving you links to people who are great people, some Atheists, and some Agnostics, and I hope you learn things here!


My first post is about Angie Jackson(on YouTube: AngieAntiTheist, on Twitter: @AntitheistAngie ), she recently found out she was pregnant, and posted the results on twitter. She was also told after the birth of her son that if she were to get pregnant, carrying to term would most likely kill her. So, naturally, she would not want to die and leave her son motherless, she decided to have an abortion. This is legal, and a right that women have in the United States. Instead of hiding it like it was disgraceful, she put it out there for the world to read on Twitter, and to see on YouTube. This is very brave of her! Her intentions are to de-mystify the experience so other women would be brave enough to get it done if they needed to. Of course, as you can imagine, the backlash from the religious community was enormous! She's had death threats and personal attacks on not only her, but her son and boyfriend as well! Angie has been thrust into the national spotlight by the religious who are on a witch hunt who would love nothing more than to stone her and burn her at the stake! I'm proud of her for standing up for her rights, and the rights of women all around the world! She has been an inspiration for women even in other countries lately, she's been in the news in Finland and Russia, and many other European nations.


Follow her on Twitter, and watch her on YouTube! I'll post links to both here:

YouTube
Twitter



Please comment! I'd Love to Hear what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Haha the feeling is mutual! Hope you're doing well! Don't let the media frenzy get to you!

    ReplyDelete