Thursday, March 11, 2010

So My Letter to the House Representative of Forida Was Answered!

Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding school prayer. I appreciate the
opportunity to learn of your thoughts and concerns on this issue.

Please understand that I respect the ability of all students to voluntarily
and respectfully practice their constitutional right of free speech. Be
assured that I will carefully consider your comments and the comments of
other Floridians as this bill moves through the Legislative process.

Thank you again for writing to me. If I may be of assistance to you in the
future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Larry Cretul
Speaker

Oh my, what a cop out. He clearly is missing the point. If kids want to pray, they need to establish a prayer meeting on their own time, not on the state's time! Free speech is fine, but not on the state's funding(The Constitution forbids sponsoring any one religion) and not while there are other students to feel pressured into participating in a superstition they do not believe in. I wonder how they'd feel about Charles Manson getting up in front of a class and exercising HIS free speech to the children before every class? Hm, doesn't sound the same? It sure is, Christianity is a cult, just as was Manson's family. Both prey on ignorance and take advantage of people on false truths. I sure hope we continue to speak out and keep this Skeptic/Humanist/Atheist(or whatever you want to call it) Movement growing.

I encourage everyone who is a non-believer to stand up for reason and logic, and don't just stand by and let the delusional people who worship an invisible god who by their own book is racist, homophobic, misogynistic, homicidal, jealous, flawed, vengeful, and orders rapes, genocides, incest, infidelity, and acknowledges that he is only in favor of his followers being ignorant and following blindly without challenging or asking questions, because if we do nothing and stand by we will be standing by watching our freedoms and constitutional rights as Americans being stolen away one by one. Just look back to the last 10 years and see how many of our rights have been taken in the name of religious fear and "terrorism." Be assured that the Christians in this country would love nothing more than a state sponsored religious dictatorship. They would love nothing more than to have your children indoctrinated as soon as they understand language, and no one able to be free from the oppression of their religion. They are not standing by, they are proactive in their quest. This is why we must too be proactive to protect our rights. I'm not trying to abolish religion, I'm simply trying to get freedom from these superstitions that are forced upon us every single day. If you live in the Southern united States then you know what I am talking about.
Write to your Representatives and Senators!

No comments:

Post a Comment